- I am strong.
- I am beautiful and it is okay for me to say that out loud...to actual people.
- I have a voice and I am not afraid to use it.
- Being a better friend to myself has drawn greater opportunities.
- Everyone can't go with you.
- It's okay to say 'no'.
- I will continue to wear red lipstick, jeans, chucks, glitter, a tutu and anything else I please. I do what I want.
- I'm not a quitter, but I know when to stop.
- Everything doesn't require my attention or a reaction.
- If you don't like something, change it.
- Anyone who tries to discourage you from doing something they aren't brave enough to do is not worth your joy. Fear is not wisdom.
- Trust your intuition.
- Fear is a waste of the imagination.
- I don't want kids and I'm not less of a woman for it. Society cannot and will not determine my worth.
- It's never too late to try new things.
- I'm a nerd and that's awesome.
- Stay calm.
- Appreciate where you are instead of longing for where you think you should be.
Thursday, February 1, 2018
Things I have discovered and rediscovered in my 40's
It's 2018 and I will be 42 this year. FORTY-TWO. I have loved and lost (including myself), went through career lows and highs, lost friends, gained new ones, took more risks than I ever would have expected, and risen like a phoenix out of tragedies that some people may not have mentally survived. As a way of returning to my blog, I want to share 20 things I picked up along the way: