This past weekend, I had to work at the One Music Festival in Atlanta, GA. If you live here or have ever been to Atlanta, you know it is HOT. Of course I needed make up that would last all day and hopefully into the night. Below is a list of steps I took to make sure my make up lasted all day. I was pleasantly surprised by the end of the night.
1. On a clean and moisturized face, I added a layer of primer. My primer of choice is a photo finish primer by Smashbox. I like this primer because it is oil free and glides on easily. I used about a dime size for my whole face.
2. Next I applied my foundation. I applied a little more foundation that usual because I needed it to last all day. With my Real Techniques buffing brush, I buffed one pump of Perfection Lumiere by Chanel to each side of my face. BTW, I plan on doing a review of this foundation in the near future.
3. I applied Select Cover Up Concealer by MAC under my eyes. Once that dried, I applied a dab of foundation on top of the concealer.
4. I applied Urban Decay's Primer Potion on my eye lids and eyebrows. After that set, I applied Maybelline's Color Tattoo, Bad to the Bronze, on my eyelid. I followed that up by sweeping Buck from Urban Decay's Naked Palette onto my crease and I filled in my brows with Revlon Colorstay brow enhancer.
5. I applied 24/7 Liquid liner by Urban Decay to my lash line and followed that up with Make Up Forever Smokey Lash Mascara (this is made of magic, if you didn't already know).
6. I applied Sephora's Urban Luxe All Over Powder on the tops of my cheeks and brow bone as a highlight and followed with Merrily by MAC on my cheeks.
7. I set my make up with Cover FX Translucent Setting Powder.
8. Finally, I applied a nude lipstick and gloss.
I have to say, my make up lasted all day and into the night. I applied my make up at 9:30, but I forgot to take a picture. However, I did manage to take pictures throughout the day. Through all of the running around, Atlanta heat and sweating, my make up lasted much longer than I anticipated. I did not touch up my make up at all. I merely blotted my face to get rid of any sweat. Below is a timeline of my make up throughout the day.
I'm very happy with the way my make up lasted. My eye make up lasted longer than than the rest, but that's to be expected because I was blotting my face during the day and not my eyes.